Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Can't Believe She's 11


Leilani recently had her 11th birthday. I can't believe she is getting so old! Her birthday fell on a Wednesday this year, which is the night I have Young Women. I was going to have her birthday dinner and family party on a different night, but she felt VERY strongly about having it on her birthday, so we had it early and people came when they could. Her dad came late, I left early, Uncle Chris came late, ect. It all worked out and she was happy.

You may notice that our Christmas tree is still up in the background. That is not an illusion...it is still sitting there. I think I have set a new personal record for how late our tree is up this year. The only other time it was still up by Leilani's birthday, Alan carried it out to the back porch and undecorated it himself during her birthday party. This year, none of us care. Life has just been full of other things that were more important. (Or I am just lazy - take your pick )
Aunt Kim gave Leilani one of her old sweaters that Lani really likes. She loves it, and would wear it every day if I would let her. Kim seems to know how to pick presents that are the hit of the party!

Grandma also knows how to treat a girl right.

Because we decided to do her party on her birthday at the last minute, I didn't have time to make a cake. So, we made cupcakes. I wasn't home, but I think they stuck a candle in one and sang to her. She didn't complain, so she must have had a good time. We took cupcakes to school for her too, so she had royal treatment. All in all I think she had a great day!

3 comments:

Kim said...

11...yikes! I also can't beleive I have an 11 year old niece. I do know how to pick a darn good present don't I :) I guess I learned from mom.

Kathy said...

Happy birthday, Leilani! I can't believe she's 11 either!

SusieQ said...

I was so glad to see your Christmas tree still up. Our tree came down in January, but we just got the Christmas lights down from the house last week. I'm sure our neighbors were thinking we were really lame.