Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!


I had a good Mother's Day yesterday. My family made me breakfast in bed to start the day. They made banana waffles with strawberries and syrup and strawberry/banana smoothies.

I was also showered in gifts. Alan bought me two rose bushes and gave me some chocolates. The kids were so excited about the gifts that they made for me, that I have almost forgiven them for the clothes they all ruined with paint making the gifts. Leilani painted me a jewelry box and wrote a sweet letter. Emilyanne made me an origami corsage, drew a picture of me and put paper flowers around it, painted me a letter "L" for my wall and gave me a book of quotes with a sweet note in the front. Elisabeth painted me a "treasure" box. Benjamin also painted me a "treasure"box and gave me a handprint with a poem that he made in nursery. I will cherish each and every gift.

The men made us dinner at my mom's house in the evening. We had chicken cordon bleu, strawberry jello, baked potatoes, corn, salad and angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream for dessert. We were very happy mothers!

I hope all of you mothers out there were treated just as well. We tried to make my mom's day special too. Alan mowed her lawn for her on Saturday and we gave her a book about mothers. I did ask her to sub last minute (1/2 hour before church started) for Beehives, which probably didn't make her day easier, but I didn't have any choice because I was already substituting for Laurels. Thanks for all you do Mom, we love you!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

YAY for mother's day. I'm glad you had a good one too.

I miss you. I felt like I was slacking on your mama not being able to help on Saturday. But, thus is my life these days. I can't seem to do anything but be the human shuttle.

I miss you.