Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Fireworks at Grandma's House

Since we went to my brother Todd's house for 4th of July, we didn't get to do any of our own fireworks. So we did the sparklers and other fireworks at Grandma's house a few days later.
Uncle Kelly had the job of lighting sparklers and fireworks.
The kids really enjoyed the sparklers.




They liked the fireworks, but thought they were too loud sometimes!

We will not even pretend that the men practice safe behavior around fireworks. Luckily my husband doesn't participate (I don't know if he would do it if I wasn't there, or not - I hope not!), and the kids know that it is not even an option.

It is kind of funny when they get singed, in a "you know you deserve it" kind of way. LOL

We had a lot of fun, and enjoyed just being together!

3 comments:

LeaAnne said...

Man... I wish we were there .. Last year it was the most amazing thing I saw all summer!! :) I am so glad you guys had fun and that you enjoyed the family tradition! :) I am also glad Alan has not gone over to the burnt side;)

Kim said...

You caught some great moments on camera, I'll give you that. Man my husband can jump...but Chris's landing looks a little "fruity" if you know what I mean. You have to admit that without the men jumping through the fireworks, the show wouldn't be quite as good. I love the pictuer of Hailey and Ben covering their ears :)

Mark and Shauna said...

WOW... all I can say is those guys are C R A Z Y!!