Saturday, December 19, 2009

Holiday Concerts

We have had several holiday concerts to attend recently. We listened to the 6th grade band at Kelly Middle School. It was their first concert, and they did very good.
Leilani is in the back with the brass.
My daughter seems to be enjoying the french horn.

We also went to the holiday concert of the Oregon Children's Choir.
Emily is really enjoying singing with this group.
They had a surprise visit from Frosty the Snowman.
The first graders had a concert at the mall.
Elisabeth got to direct one of the songs. She did a good job.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Yikes, frosty the snow freak is more like it!!! lol, my children would have run screaming.

Remind me not to let my children grow up and participate in band concerts and such. boreing :)

Alli said...

I love that Leilani is learning the french horn - it's a hard instrument to start with for sure! I started with it and switched to trumpet after a year to learn it as well and it was so much easier. I didn't realize until then how difficult it is to play the french horn. Good for you Lani - keep it up!

Alli said...

I've decided I want to be one of your kids - with all the experiences they're having and talents they're developing, they're going to be such well-rounded little ladies. I'm jealous!