Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Long Awaited Wedding

We were able to go on a trip to Utah in November to attend Alan's brother Gordon's wedding. It was a long awaited wedding (he was the last kid to get married, but the second oldest), and one we wouldn't miss. The kids were excited to take a road trip in our new van.
The kids had lots of room to pack their toys and stuffed friends.
We stayed with my brother Mark and his family. The kids had a lot of fun playing with Jackson. They also really like to play the game Life with Mark and Shauna.
We didn't have a place to leave the kids while we were at the temple, so we dropped them off at the Bean museum at BYU with orders NOT to lose their brother and NOT to touch anything. We quickly went to pick them up after the sealing, and finally found them in the bathroom. They were fine, and had really enjoyed the museum.
We took the kids back up to the temple, and were in some family group shot pictures. In between shots, I took my own pictures around the temple.
Besides taking pictures of my family, I entertained myself taking pictures of the angel Moroni.






At the reception we sat with our nephews Andrew and Jason. They kept everything lively :)
It was fun to be able to see lots of family members that we hadn't seen in years. We were also able to see Grandma and Grandpa Walker.
On the way home, we stopped by the Hill Air Force museum in Ogden. We knew Benjamin would think it was pretty awesome.
The kids were really interested in the planes and the stories. They didn't want to leave.

It was a good trip, and we were glad to get to go and be with Gordon and Georgette for their wedding.

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like it was indeed a great trip! Love the temple pictures, and your kids look so cute all dressed alike.

Mark and Shauna said...

Wow, I've never heard of that air force museum before... we'll have to go! Cute pictures!

ibshell said...

So fun!Thanks for sharing!!
Glad I found your blog-thanks for visiting ours ;)

Kim said...

I can't beleive you let Ben bring all those stuffed animals along...they were already crammed in there I'm sure! :)

When did baby Jason become a teenager??? Am I that old, ugh. And I love the close up picture of angel moroni you took. You got some nice Temple shots. Your family photo was cute too, who took that? You should put it on your wall.

LeaAnne said...

I am so glad you did this post! I love the pictures of Moroni too! You all looked really beautiful~ as always!

Karilyn McRoberts said...

Really? The Bean Museum as a baby sitter? You are so lucky no one caught on to that one!!