Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Finery - 2011

This is the first year that my kids have not been matching. It made me sad and nostaligic, so we probably won't do that again. Leilani is the hold out of course; not only does she not like to match anymore (especially on Sunday...that is VERY uncool for a young woman apparently), but it is hard to match her to the other kids because she doesn't wear kid sizes anymore. But, it can be done...even though they didn't exactly match at Christmas, they at least blended. I just was busy doing other things, and never got around to shopping for or sewing anything. I warned them that I didn't think it was too much to ask for 3 times a year - Christmas, Easter and Mother's Day. So hopefully we will do better in a couple weeks for Mother's Day. Nobody argued with me, so I think they have accepted that this is part of life with mom. :) It is obviously not a life or death matter, and it has nothing to do with the true meaning of Easter, but I like it, and it makes me happy, so why not?

They looked nice today anyway.

Here is my handsome little man. He was supposed to wear a pink tie to match his sisters (I did get them all to agree to wear pink), but he told me he would "absolutely die!" if he had to wear a pink tie. Not wanting to lose my only son, I relented and let him wear red, LOL.

Elisabeth has plenty of hand-me-downs from her two sisters, so it was easy for her to pick something out.

I have always liked this dress, so I was happy to see it worn again.
Leilani FINALLY wore the coat we gave her for her birthday today. I was beginning to think that we were going to just end up saving it for Emily. It looked really cute on her!

This is the outfit she chose to wear today. It matched her new necklace and earrings very nicely.
Emily has been waiting to wear this dress for a few months, so she was glad it was finally spring!
I didn't take any family group shots, since we didn't match, but I probably should have. It started to rain right as I was taking the pictures, so that is why they are all trying to stand under the porch as I take their pictures. Luckily we have a nice covered area out front. I hope that everyone had a nice day. Despite all the fuss about clothes, we do remember why we celebrate Easter! We are thankful for our Savior Jesus Christ and the sacrifice that he made for us. We are also thankful that He has risen, and that He broke the bands of death for us. We are very blessed!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Good thing you added that disclaimer at the end...I was starting to think you forgot the true meaning of Easter :)

You know, they all looked cute even if they didn't match. And the best part is that hell didn't freeze over either, lol.