Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Ice Skating

My kids went ice skating for the first time the day after Christmas.  They went with their cousins and Aunt Alli.  I didn't skate with them, because my foot is still healing, but I took lots of pictures.  The kids really had a good time, and they all decided that they loved it!

At first, they all hugged the wall.  Emily didn't even go out on the ice.  She decided that she didn't want to skate, so she spent the first hour watching with Grandma.


 
 

 There were lots of falls, but they started to look pretty good out there.

There was a break midway for the Zamboni to resurface the ice.  After that, Emily decided that she was going to come out and try it too.
 She turned out to be a natural.

 When we were done, the kids were all smiles, and wanting to know when we could go again!



 When Benjamin got his skates off, this is what I saw.  I don't know why those socks are even still around (and I'm sure they hadn't been washed in a while), but we promptly disposed of them when we got home!


Danny and Benjamin were so excited about skating, that they were exclaiming that it was "even better than Wii."  So I had to get that on video, because they LOVE their video games!

If you want to see more pictures, or any of the videos, they have been uploaded to my Flikr account.  I have found that is the easiest way for me to share pictures and video of family members.  The pictures are just too big to email these days.  My account can be found here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/96927049@N02/  However, because of all the kids in them, these pictures and videos are only set up to allow family members to see them.  If you are immediate family, you have already received an invitation to join my account at some point.  If you aren't, and want to see the pictures, let me know and I will email you an invite.
 

 
 

No comments: