Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Big Pumpkin...Or A Little Help From a Big Cousin

I need to get our family picture from my dad before I can blog our family trip to the pumpkin patch. But I wanted to share this story I captured in pictures of my nephew Travis.
In their family, the kids have to pick a pumpkin that they can carry.  So Travis found a large pumpkin that he wanted, and started to carry it back to the wagon area.

Unfortunately, he found the pumpkin clear at the end of the field, and it was quite a ways back to the wagon.  The pumpkin got heavier and heavier, and he was having a hard time carrying it.  But he REALLY wanted that pumpkin.
So he decided to try rolling the pumpkin.
The problem was that other pumpkins kept getting in the way.
So, he tried to carry it again.
Leilani was watching his struggles, and went over and asked him if he wanted her to carry the pumpkin for him.  He said, "yes!"  and they started walking back together.
This last picture says it all.  I cropped it to just Travis so you can see his excitement...arms in the air and whooping with excitement that he is getting that pumpkin!

No comments: