Sunday, January 11, 2015

Memorizing Scriptures As A Family

I found this awesome blog today, which inspired me to try memorizing scriptures with my family.  She started memorizing one scripture a month with her family last year, and she said it had all sorts of positive results.  So, she is doing it again this year, and she has partnered with a friend to make 8x10 sheets with pictures and words to use with your family as you memorize the scripture she posts each month.  Talk about making it easy for me to start!  I just have to print and go!  I guess the only bad thing is that I have to do whatever scriptures she chooses, but I like the ones she has up for January.  She chose one from the Bible and one from the Book of Mormon, so people could choose what they want to learn from.  I think we are going to do both, since I am an overachiever.  :) 

Here is the link to her blog:   http://www.kristendukephotography.com/memorize-scripture-month-january/#_a5y_p=3128848   Her blog is called "Capturing Joy"

These are the two scriptures she chose for January 2015:


 
She is going to try and post the ones for the next month on the last Sunday of the month.
 I am going to start this with my family tomorrow.  I hope they are as excited as I am!  Wish me luck!

No comments: