Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sojourn in a Far Away Land - St. Louis Arch


We met Alan's brother Paul and his family for a weekend in St. Louis. They drove in from Kentucky and met us at the famous Gateway Arch.

The cousins were excited to meet each other. We had never met Rachel before, and it had been a few years since we had seem Claire.
We rode in these little pods up to the top of the arch. There are five seats in each one, but Alan and I were pretty crowded with only three of our children in one with us (the other one rode with Uncle Paul and Aunt JJ)
There were these little windows across the top that you could look out of.
The view was nice, but I got motion sickness being up there. I swear I could feel it moving.
Afterwards we went to the museum underneath the arch. It commemorates Lewis and Clark, since they started their journey west from St. Louis.
We ended the night by going to a flooded parking lot and touching the Mississippi River one last time. The kids wanted their dolls to have that experience too.

3 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

Looks like fun! I had no idea you could ride up to the top of the arch!

LeaAnne said...

looks fun..
BUT, I am glad you are home!
Great Idea about doing a dvd for my kids ..thanks!

Kim said...

You are nuts to go up in that arch. The picture of Ben looking out the window in the pod is the scariest thing I have ever seen!!!