Sunday, June 28, 2009

5th Grade Graduation

Leilani graduated from Yujin Gakuen last week. I can't believe that she is off to middle school in the fall.
Each of the kids got a paper flower corsage with a congratulations note in Japanese.
She loved her 5th grade teacher, Mori Sensei. She is a nice lady who was in my grandma's ward for a long time.
We were all there to celebrate with Leilani. (Alan has decided that he looks better when he doesn't smile :( So if you think he looks good smiling, please leave a comment letting him know, because I HATE this new unsmiling pose he has in all our pictures!)
Grandma and Grandpa Bevans were able to come to graduation with us.
She received her diploma from our principal, Allan Chinn. (a childhood friend of my brother, Todd)
Then all the teachers from k-4 were lined up to hug the kids and shake their hands. The kids did a cute musical program about the memories they had from grade school, and then we had cake and ice cream. It was a nice evening, and we are very proud of it.



1 comment:

Kim said...

Your baby is all grown up and entering middle school this year...does that mean I'm old too? P.S.- with all of the clothes you buy her, why is Lani wearing one of my hand-me-downs??? ha ha