Thursday, June 4, 2009

Yujin Gakuen 20th Anniversary

Yujin Gakuen (our kids' elementary school) is celebrating their 20th anniversary this year. They had a special (translate as expensive) dinner, program and auction to celebrate and fundraise. We weren't going to go, but then Elisabeth was picked to be in the multi-grade school choir (2 kids from each grade) that was performing that night. So, we kind of felt obligated to go with her :)


We didn't want to pay for all of our kids to go, so it was a special night for Elisabeth to be alone with her parents. (She definitely doesn't get that very often, so it was exciting for her) The dinner was nice, and the kids gave a great performance. We got out of there without purchasing any items - but not because I didn't try. I almost gave my husband a coronary when I bid on the wooden trunk that Leilani's class made...not because I bid, but because of how high I went. He kept asking me how high I was going to go, and then he kept listing all the things we weren't going to do if I won the trunk at the price I was currently bidding :) I admit, I was bidding purely for sentimental reasons. It was her 5th grade project, and it had all their thumb prints and pictures of them, etc. But the mother of the twins in Leilani's class wanted it lots more than I did...or could afford it more LOL! It was a good night.

1 comment:

LeaAnne said...

Looks like you had a really great time ! I know what you mean..you never really get that time one on one with the kids unless you make it! I love ya Lisa~!