Monday, November 16, 2015

Annual Family Trip to Thistledown Farm Pumpkin Patch

Every year in October we go to the pumpkin patch at Thistledown Farm with my family.  Grandma and Grandpa are always there, but which of my brothers and sisters come seems to change each year.  This year only Jeff and his kids could make it at the same time we could go, but it was still beautiful weather and lots of fun!
My "pumpkins" were excited to be here!

 I like the shots my dad got on the covered bridge - both inside and out!
 
 

This is one of the first years that we have gone on Saturday - so we got the horse drawn wagon instead of the tractor pulled wagon.
 Before we picked out our pumpkins, we got a family picture in an old corn field.  We thought it would be a cool background, but it was actually pretty creepy to stand there - there were eerie sounds in the dry corn, and bugs everywhere!

Then the hunt for the perfect pumpkin was on!  We told the kids they had to get smaller pumpkins this year, and they found some pretty good ones.



 

Once we found our pumpkins, it was off to the corn maze.
The kids ran through several times before I actually made it through with Alan, but I cornered them at the end for a picture (of course).

They also played in the hay maze, and then we took some more pictures around the rest of the farm before we left to go home.  Since Leilani goes to college next year, I feel like I have to get as many pictures of all my kids together as I can before she leaves.

Sisters








 

No comments: