Monday, September 29, 2008

A Film Everyone Should See

I do not usually recommend books or movies, because everyone has such different tastes. But I feel strongly about this movie, so I am recommending it to everyone. It is called "Fireproof." It really is a movie that everyone should see. It is a very clean movie - there is no offensive language or sex scenes. It is a very moral, religious movie in addition to being entertaining. I have never felt the spirit so strongly as I've sat in a theater before. I don't think I have seen a movie in theaters that is so Christ centered before.

I read a comment by someone who said that we need to go see movies like this to prove to Hollywood that people will pay to see wholesome entertainment. This is not an LDS film, but as my sister said, you almost expected the voice over to come on and say this was brought to you by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. This was not on my list of films I wanted to see, but I am so glad that I did. This movie is not being carried by all theaters, and it is not being sent to every town. So, we need to send a message that we do want this kind of entertainment.
(If the link below doesn't show up, the official website is www.fireproofthemovie.com )












If you still aren't convinced, read this review of the movie. It says it all. Just copy and paste the link into your browser.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/features.aspx?id=265980

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Lisa--my computer won't display what movie you are talking about... Weird. So...what's the title??

carizolli said...

My computer wouldn't show it either, but I looked it up and found the trailer - WOW! If Jason and I can possibly get away any time soon we're definitely going to see that!

There is only one showing at VRC: 9:50 - I wonder if that means it won't be there much longer :(

Lisa said...

The paper says that is shown four times a day still. Did you look it up online? If you did, sometimes it only shows the showings that you can still attend that day.

The Only Rune You Know said...

I want to see this SOOO bad! Rune and I have really been looking forward to it! good to know it is as good as we hoped it would be! :) you know I hear Kirk say that none of the actors was paid for this movie.. Also..when there is a kiss scene they brought his real life wife in to be the kiss double, because he and his wife committed to not kiss other people..(hard to do if you are a actor..)

The Only Rune You Know said...

ok..lol THIS IS NOT RUNE:) it is
LeaAnne ;)

Kim said...

Yes I can see the movie poster on my computer, and I agree that this was a great movie..now if I Could only convince my husband to see it with me!