Sunday, September 14, 2008

One Final Blog On Missouri

Here are the final pictures from our Missouri trip.

St. Louis Science Center (this is like OMSI, and it is free!!)

We built an arch out of foam blocks with another family.
The kids got to hold and pet snakes and other reptiles.
I got brave and decided that I wanted to hold one too!
Benjamin had fun with his cousins Rachel and Claire.
There was a bridge across the highway. They had radar guns so you could record the speed of the cars going by underneath you.
You could also look down and see the cars go by beneath your feet.
My kids enjoyed the balance beam.
St Louis Science Center is one of two places in the world with a Build-A-Dino...
... so we let the kids all get a dinosaur.

My kids really did have a good time with their cousins! Poor Benjamin, the lone boy.

Cahokia Indian Mounds - Illinois


We climbed to the top of the biggest mound (I'm still not exactly sure why they built them, even after going to the museum. I'm not sure the archeologists know why they built them either)

The view was nice, and the different Indian ruins were interesting.

Ulysses S. Grant's Farm - (now owned by the Anheuser-Busch family)


We got to see the world famous Clysdale horses. They are really big!
We also took a tram ride through the estate grounds, which are basically a wild animal game park.
Next door to the farm is the National Historic site owned by the National Park system.
The kids played dress up in clothing that would have been like Ulysses S. Grant would have worn during his world travels during his life time.


They had a good time doing that.
St. Louis Temple
We were also able to visit the St. Louis temple. We didn't even know they had one until we saw it on the side of a freeway one day. It is pretty!
We had a good time on our trip, but we were glad to get home. I don't know if we will get back to Missouri or not. We are praying that Alan will get a job here, but who knows what the future has in store. We sure had a lot of fun, no matter what happens!






6 comments:

Kathy said...

What fun, Lisa! And so amazing that so many of those fun places are free! I wish we had stuff like that here. Glad you're back. Hoping good things for Alan's job hunt.

LeaAnne said...

Really great fun Lisa!! I am SO GLAD you are home! I sure hope & pray that the best thing will happen for you and your little family! I would sure hate to not have ya around! :) Hugs!

Kim said...

wow, that science center actually looks pretty cool! Why don't we have great free stuff like that around here? Well, I'm sure your kids had an amazing summer vacation. How are you going to compete with this vacation next summer? Oh and I was surprized to see you touching a snake, I know you don't love reptiles like I do :)

Mark and Shauna said...

WOW, you always find the fun free stuff to do! Can you research things for us in Utah too?:)

Alli said...

Looks like a good time! I didn't know they had another cousin Claire!

SusieQ said...

I love how you make the most of every situation! Such a great quality to have and share with your children.