Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Kindergartner Learns Japanese

Elisabeth has been in school for three weeks, and it amazes me how much Japanese she has already picked up. They put a lot of the vocabulary to song, so the kids can remember it better (just like the gospel principles in primary!). She has been wanting me to write down the words to the songs in her weekly letters to her grandparents and her dad, but I thought it would be easier (on me) to just video her singing them. So, here she is singing some of her songs (My memory card kept filling up, so thus the abrupt endings)

Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes (Notice her disgusted look as she corrects my Japanese pronunciation)



Washoi (about the Japanese clothing and working hard)



Gu Poe Ke Pa De (a song about a butterfly, an airplane and a helicopter, but I didn't get the whole thing)

3 comments:

Kim said...

Very cute Lisa. Even though I have seen most of these performed live, they are more fun to watch on video I think! Pretty sad you were corrected by a kindergartener though!

Kathy said...

Way cute! Such a smart little gal! (Of course, all your kids are.) Have fun!

SusieQ said...

OK, that has got to be one of the cutest things I've seen in a while. I don't know japanese, but it sure sounds like she's got the pronounciation and accent.