Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentine's Day

I had a really good Valentine's Day this year. It is not always that special, but this year my family made sure it was.
My kids made us breakfast in bed - complete with valentines. It was early in the morning (they were very excited), but hey, soggy cheerios are sweet any time of day or night! :)
Alan signed up to have the young women in the ward come seranade me with "our" song (Can You Feel the Love Tonight). They did a great job, and I was REALLY surprised when they started singing that song! When they were done singing, they gave me a box of truffles and a rose. It made me feel special. (Ironically, I was made Young Women's president the next day)


Alan gave me a dozen roses and took me out to lunch at Applebees. I gave him chocolate and watched a movie with him that he really wanted to see.
Benjamin wanted to be my Valentine too, so he gave me the presents that the Young Women left.

Daddy and his Valentines. It was a good day. Maybe Valentines should always be on Saturday...








3 comments:

Kathy said...

What a sweet day! You gotta love soggy Cheerios served with love.

Margaret said...

How fun. Much better than having strep.

Kim said...

Wow, cheerios in bed...your kiddos went above and beyond (you know if you actually let them learn to make simple foods like pancakes, you may get those in bed too :) I am so glad your Valentines day was geat...mine was spent with sick kids, throw up and no sleep. I would take your wonderful cheerios any day!