Monday, August 31, 2009

Mesa Verde - Spring Trip to Utah

Mesa Verde is one of my favorite National Parks. I love the cliff dwellings and the mystery that surrounds them and the people that once inhabited them.
You get to hike down into several of the ruins.
It is just amazing how they are built into the caves - using any rock and rubble that happened to be in the way.

It is fun to walk in the carved steps that they used as hand and toe holds.
There are several tall ladders to climb too.

It was fun to see the park with cousins. When we went there last time with Kari and Jeremy, they didn't have any kids yet - now they have three!
There are a few short and narrow spaces to squeeze through, but we all made it!

Of course the kids got their junior ranger badges at this park too.
When I was a kid, we used to run all over and through this ruin and play tag...but they don't let you do that anymore. Chris and I were very disappointed.
We saw a lot of amazing things, though, and it was fun to see them with family!

1 comment:

Alli said...

I never really knew what Mesa Verde was until dad showed me some pictures - holy cow! It's amazing! I have to go there now.