Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Spring Trip to Utah - Logan & SLC

Back in late April/early May, I took the kids on a two week trip to Utah. Alan couldn't take vacation, so it was me and my 4 kiddos. We met up with my parents in Logan, Utah to visit my Uncle Dick and Aunt Evelyn. I wish the visit could have been longer, because we LOVE to visit them.
Aunt Evelyn gave all the kids treat bags to take with them, and Uncle Dick let them have a little trinket from Uncle Don. They were very excited!
Leilani was especially excited to see "cousin" chica.
We were able to go to the cemetary to see some of our ancestors' gravesites.

We also saw the Logan temple.
The kids were VERY excited when it started to snow as we left Logan!
Our next stop was dinner with Mark and Shauna.
They fed us a very nice meal.
Then we spent time holding and playing with Jackson...
having push up contests with Uncle Mike... (Benjamin wasn't doing push ups in the right position, and I have a VERY funny video of Uncle Mark trying to correct how he was doing them! Poor Jackson, LOL)

and pretty much just wearing Uncle Mike out! (He's ready to be a dad)
Benjamin showed everyone his burn. The poor kid spilled hot soup on him right before our trip. (So, do not put hot soup in front of your child - even if you tell them not to touch it because it is too hot)
We spent the night in Provo with Uncle Mike and Aunt Alicia.
A lot of time was spent on the Wii playing Guitar Hero. I wish I had got a video of Benjamin trying to sing "Crazy Train" and the girls trying to do "Jesse's Girl". It was so funny.
Benjamin added a black eye and some facial injuries to his wounds when he knocked Mike and Alicia's treadmill over on top of him (It was leaning against a wall and he was throwing a fit. Not a good combination). We had a good time visiting with family, though. We don't get to see them very often.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I am going to turn those photos of Ben in to child services!!! sheesh, quit abusing your son :) I like the picture of Ben showing off his burn the best, he looks so pathetic (and cute)

Mark and Shauna said...

I love the picture of them all doing push ups... so cute!

LeaAnne said...

Cute pictures!! I agree with Kim...stop abusing Ben! lol Anyone with kids knows how the boo boo's happen! :)