Wednesday, March 31, 2010

They'll Never Forget Us!

We went to Monmouth last Sunday to attend a baby blessing (Eden - my brother Todd's new baby daughter). It was a very nice Sacrament meeting, and it will be one that we remember for years to come. In fact, I am sure there are members of Todd's ward who will never forget us. As Sacrament meeting ended, we stood up to take the kids to primary. We were close to the front, so we had to wait for people to clear out before we could move anywhere. As we were standing there, Elisabeth turned to me and said, "I'm going to throw up." I took her by the shoulder and tried to steer her through people, but it was all to no avail. She started throwing up right there (and everywhere). There were people blocking us on all sides and there was literally no where to go. To make matters worse, she was trying to hold her hand over her mouth so it was spraying everywhere. We got the Bishop's wife, the back of some poor man in front of us, etc. Some lady standing near me said, "oh my, you need help...I'll get some paper towels," and she took off. I finally got Elisabeth out a side door near the sacrament table and she finished up on the lawn outside (luckily it was raining). A teenage boy came out and gave me a huge wad of paper towels, so the unknown lady came through for me (thank you whoever you are). I cleaned us up the best that I could, and went back inside. My poor husband and a family friend (thank you, David) were scrubbing the chapel the best they could. Alli gave me the key to her house so we could go home and get cleaned up. Everything turned out fine, and we didn't have anymore problems, but it certainly made church a little bit more of an adventure than usual! My poor little girl was mortified, and didn't want to face anyone, but she managed. People were nice to her instead of making fun of her. I feel sorry for all those people who were around us, but at least it will give them something to talk about for a while. :)

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Oh girl. That does not sound fun. Sorry.