Monday, April 22, 2013

I made It !

 I found this carseat blanket on Pinterest that I wanted to make for Robert's carseat.  He always kicks his blanket off when we are carrying him around, and there have been times that Alan hasn't even noticed (found a wet blanket lying in the driveway by the car one morning!).  So, I ran off the lady's instructions, and went to my Mom's house for help.  She had some flannel I could use, and helped me make a pattern (and then my sister, Kim, improved my pattern).  I wanted to make it big enough that he could use it when he goes into a front facing carseat also - that way he wouldn't be able to kick it onto the floor then either.
                                              
It turned out really nice.  We measured and sewed openings for the straps.  I measured the bigger seats, and they actually measure a little smaller, so the blanket will fit there too.  The original blanket instructions had a hood, but I decided to leave that off.
 Robert likes it.  I was worried about whether or not to use it in warmer weather, but my mom pointed out that it would be nice to have when you are running the air conditioner in the car.

 It took me a while to make, but I am very happy with the results!  It fits his stroller straps too, so we have been able to use it on walks in the cooler spring weather.  We made it big enough, that Robert ought to be able to use it for a while, and he loves to snuggle in it.  Hurray!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That is so cute! And so useful! Looks very cozy.