Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Robert Walker - 8 months old

My little baby boy is now 8 months old.  I haven't done any birth announcements, didn't send out Christmas cards, and I haven't even finished my thank you notes for my baby shower (which happened when he was already a few months old, so they aren't as overdue as the birth announcements).  But I want to start getting back to all the things I put on the back burner in the past year.  So, this seems as good a place as any.  These are pictures that my friend Kristen Moss took of Robert a few weeks ago.
 Robert has his two front bottom teeth, and is teething his two front top teeth.  As a result, he likes to go around sucking his lip like this.
 He also likes to chew on socks.  It is not uncommon for him to crawl around with a sock in his mouth!
 He is a baldy, but he does have a little bit of red hair at the very back.
He likes to chew on his finger - or any finger that is placed in his mouth!
He has the cutest little feet and hands.
He has blue eyes, just like the rest of our kids.

He can crawl forwards and backwards now, but is still meticulous and slow when he moves his hands and legs.
He loves to play peek-a-boo.
He is a happy kid, and brings smiles to our faces every day.  My sister, Kim, says I act like this is my first baby all over again.  I think she is right.  There is a 6 1/2 year gap between Robert and Benjamin, and I wasn't sure I would be able to have any more babies.  When I got pregnant with Robert, the whole family was excited, and each month of pregnancy the kids were excited to see how much the baby had grown and what it could do.  They are just as excited with each milestone he reaches now.  Nobody is jealous.  Nobody treats him poorly.  He just brings happiness to each of us on a daily basis.  He is such a blessing to out lives, and we are grateful for him everyday!

Since it was Robert's 1st Easter, I had Kristen take some shots with Easter eggs too.



He wouldn't smile for us, but he was intently studying everything.  I realized that it was the first time he had been outside in the grass.  It was a little wet and muddy, but he didn't seem to mind.  The pictures turned out great, and I am glad Kristen was able to capture this part of his babyhood for us to remember.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

He really is a cutie. Rather somber--he's a thinker.