Saturday, August 4, 2007

How Little We Need

I was thinking today about how happy we are, even though we do not have an extra dime to spend anywhere. We have a roof over our heads, food to eat, clothing to wear and we are getting a lot of together time. We are healthy and somehow our bill are getting paid. Someone asked me if it was driving me crazy to have my husband home all the time (he lost his job in June). The answer would have to be "no." We have done a lot of things around the house and yard that have needed to be done for a while. The kids like to have their dad home to play with them or take them to their activities. I haven't been shopping in forever, and who knows when I will get to go again, but it didn't even kill me to not spend my Gymbucks. Maybe this unemployment stint will actually turn into a financial blessing for us. I do not even think the kids feel like they are really having to go without much. Sure, they don't get Happy Meals or soccer camp, but they are enjoying life just the same. I guess my husband and I will have to be better about showing a happy face during this time, because I do not think my kids think we are as content as I am feeling right now. My four year old said the other day, "I wish I knew how to make money, because I would make it and give lots and lots to Mom and Dad so they can be happy." I guess I will work on pointing out how good life is for us.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Way to look at the bright side! I'm so glad you started a blog. Be warned, it can get addicting...But it's such an easy way to keep in touch with friends and family, especially when they're far away. Love the family picture!

Lisa said...

Thanks, Alli! I'm glad you looked.