Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mickey's Halloween Trick or Treating






The big event that our Disneyland trip revolved around was Mickey's Halloween Treat. They close the California Land park on a few special nights and have an exclusive four hour Halloween trick or treat party for people who buy the special tickets. We purchased our tickets back in June, which was good because the event was sold out. We thought it was fun. Everyone can dress up and there are trick or treat stations around the park. They are very generous with the candy, and it is good quality stuff. They also mix in bags of apple slices, baby carrots, fruit leather and raisins. My children do not need to trick or treat again (but I am sure they will), and we didn't even hit all the stations. There are also many characters around the park to get pictures with, spots where you can dance and watch shows, a special parade (which we missed because we were in line to see the princesses) and arts and crafts tables. They have Halloween music and decorations. But the best part of all is the very short lines on the rides. We decided that if we ever do it again (and the kids are already begging to do it again) we will go ride rides at the beginning and then trick or treat and see characters the second half when the lines are short and people take their little kids home. Besides, they just want to get rid of the candy at the end, and they were scooping handfuls into the kids' bags. We have so much left that I am going to use it to pass out on Halloween. Is that terrible?


As you can see, my girls dressed as princesses and my son was a cute Pooh bear. I dressed as Cinderella (but I was not anywhere near as cute as the kids) and Alan dressed as everyone's prince. He wasn't happy about dressing up until he saw other adults dressed up as we were driving over. Then he put on his costume and enjoyed the night. The other adults in my famly didn't dress up, but I enjoyed it. I always did love dress up. I can see in the pictures that it wasn't my best look, but I sure felt like a princess in my sparkly dress...and my husband claims that he thought I looked beautiful. I just need to alter the dress a bit to cover garments so I can lose the t-shirt underneath.

No comments: