Monday, November 5, 2007

Whose Bathroom Is This?

I'm waiting for my pictures to get developed (yes, I am one of the last film die hards) so I can post our jack-o-lantern pictures and our Halloween pictures, so tonight I am just going to write about my bathroom. Yes, you read right, my bathroom. One of the things I loved about this house when we bought it was that it had a master bathroom. Two bathrooms for the kids and one bathroom just for me (and my husband of course). But for some reason, the kids like MY bathroom better than any other bathroom in the house. There is always a kid using MY bathroom. My bathroom is not cleaner than their bathroom (well it would be if they didn't leave their stuff in it). The toilet paper is the same, the water is the same, they all have doors that shut and lock, so what is the big attraction to MY bathroom? I realize, of course, that I am one of the attractions. Heaven forbid that I try and use the bathroom in any way, shape, or form without a kid coming in to find me, but what about when I am not there? Today I had to hop over a pile of books (they get that from their father), an ABC puzzle dumped out on the floor (all 26 letters scattered about), a princess toothbrush, a pair of sandals (not mine) and a bag of blocks as I got ready for church. All of this in MY bathroom...and I guarantee I did not bring any of it in there and I did not use any of it. Really, who uses blocks in the bathroom?! No one seems to take me seriously when I tell them to stay out of MY bathroom. Maybe I am just being selfish, but I am open to any suggestions on how to keep the joy of having an adult only bathroom. It is one of my biggest pet peeves to step on toys and stumble over things when I am walking around in there. Maybe if I start using their bathroom, everyone else will want to start using it too.

3 comments:

SusieQ said...

I can totally relate to this, Lisa. I have issues about my kids using my bathroom. Big issues. I don't have any solutions, but I have lots of empathy for you.

Alli said...

That post cracked me up :)
We have ode a la Todd in our bathroom, seems to keep the kids out, but it sends me to using their bathroom as well.

Alli said...

You've been tagged! See my blog for details.