Friday, November 16, 2007

My Little Jedi's in Training

My children come by their facination with Star Wars honestly. Their mother is a true blue fan of the entire Star Wars universe. The movies, the books, the toys... Take a look at the pictures I made us take on our first family trip to Disneyland a few years ago. (I was partial to the picture of Alan and I as Han Solo and Princess Leia, but he liked this one better, and the man with the money won out.)


So, it was only natural that the girls would want to try for acceptance into the Jedi Training Academy on our most recent trip to Disneyland (ok, Elisabeth didn't, but we will work on her conversion to the force :). Despite their Tinkerbell garb, they were picked by the head Jedi and joined the ranks of potential padawans. They donned their robes, learned to handle a lightsaber and were well on their way to mastering the force when stormtroopers rushed in and were soon followed by Darth Vader and Darth Maul themselves. Darth Vader wanted to turn the potential jedi to the Dark side. None of the padawans accepted his offer, so they were all required to fight either Darth Vader or Darth Maul and prove their loyalty to the light side of the force. Leilani and Emilyanne both fought Darth Vader. I got lots of pictures of Leilani battling her foe, but unfortunately my film rewound right when it was Emily's turn to battle him (one of the great downfalls of film versus digital). I told her that maybe we could find someone to photoshop her into a picture battling Darth Vader (I assume there is a way to cut out Leilani and insert Emily). They had a great time, and would love to do it again. If it is still there on our next trip, I will try and get it on video. Meanwhile, I am so proud (and a bit jealous) of their successful Jedi training and graduation. (Again, if you can't see the pictures well, they get bigger if you click on them)






Ben was too young to participate, but he really wanted to do it, and someday I am sure he will be a jedi too.

4 comments:

LeaAnne said...

Wowsa!!!!!
I know why Alan liked that one...You look Smoken hot!..
Check out those Abs!!! :)
I think you should use that as your Ward Family Photo!!

I think you all look great!

May the force be with you.....

Margaret said...

So cute! Makes me want to take my boys to Disneyland....

Alli said...

We have some Halloween Star Wars dress up clothes if you two want to borrow them for some role playing (although, knowing you, you probably already have some of your own!) :)

SusieQ said...

I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, but I absolutely LOVE the picture of you and Alan. What a hottie you are!