Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007


We had a nice get together with family this past weekend, and we are thankful that we live close enough to spend time with family for the holidays. It would be very lonely to live far away. Mike was able to spend almost a week here, and Mark and Shauna drove out for the weekend. Todd and his family spent two days at my parents' house, so everyone was together on Thanksgiving except for my two sisters and their families. (Kim was in Idaho with Kelly's family and Kari was in California with Jeremy's family) That is probably the closest we will get to a family get-together this year, since it is our off year for the family Christmas. Next year is the big family everyone must be there year! (we do it every other year)

All the little cousins had fun playing together.
A funny thing happened on Thanksgiving, though. It was awfully quiet, but the adults were just enjoying the uninterrupted time to visit. Then I heard a thump upstairs and I decided that I hadn't seen Benjamin for a while and ought to go check on him. I thought I could faintly hear him crying. As I went up the stairs, I heard the kids yelling for help and pounding on a bedroom door. Turns out they had all been playing in Mark and Shauna's bedroom (against the rules!) and Kyle shut the door and somehow they got locked in and couldn't get out. I guess they had been trying to get out attention for a while, and Benjamin was crying, but their unfit parents had just been enjoying the quiet. I couldn't get the door to open, but my mom came up and rescued them. At least they were all safely contained.

We spent Thanksgiving cooking (women), watching football (men), and playing games (everyone). Mike is thankful that he is getting married next month so he won't have to sit at the little kid's table for dinner anymore.
The rest of the weekend people ate leftovers, played games, shopped and watched sports. My mom bought Family Feud, and we had a fun time playing that girls against the guys. We also learned how to play Apples to Apples. It was a great weekend, and it always ends too soon.

1 comment:

Alli said...

I admire that you guys are so good about taking pictures! I'm terrible at it, and I always regret it later. I guess as long as we're around, I can trust one of you guys to document for me!