Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Trip to the Pumpkin Patch






On Monday, October 29, we went to the pumpkin patch at Thistledown Farm for Family Home Evening. We met my mom and dad, my brother Jeff and his family, my brother Chris and his family and my sister Kim and her family at the farm and then we all rode the wagon out to the pumpkin patch. We let the kids each pick a pumpkin (Ben and I shared one) and then they played in the hay maze. It was a really fun night. We carved the pumpkins on Halloween (with the help and creativity of Kim as she carved the girls' pumpkins based on thier requests) and Alan cooked the seeds while he answered the door on Halloween evening. Leilani's pumpkin was a cat, Emilyanne's was a dog (it was supposed to be a skull, but it had a rotten spot that had to be worked around), Elisabeth's was an outline of Minnie Mouse, and I carved a plain old jack-o-lantern for Ben and me.



2 comments:

LeaAnne said...

Cool Lisa!
We sed that night to carve our Pumpkins..I will have to post them too:) I did it ..I figured out how to blog! lol
Hope you had a great night!

Alli said...

That looks like the perfect pumpkin patch! Our local one wasn't open this year, and we never got a chance to make it to another one. So sad :( Next year maybe we'll have to join you guys.