Saturday, November 24, 2007

My Sister, the Blonde.

My brother, Mike, came home the week before Thanksgiving and brought a card game called Bang with him. We played it several times while he was home, but one game in particular stands out in my mind. I'll preface the story by telling you that the game has a western theme: there is a sheriff, a deputy, a renegade and outlaws. You know who you are and who the sheriff is, but everyone else is a secret. I happened to be the sheriff in this game. I was sitting pretty good, with a handful of miss cards, but my sister, Kim, was shooting at me every turn. Unfortunately she had a card that said everyone had to play two miss cards when she shot at them instead of the normal one miss card, so she was depleting my hand quickly. I was having a hard time figuring out who my deputy was during the game, because every time I thought I had it figured out, the person died and turned out to be an outlaw. It was finally down to Chris, Kim and me. I figured that Chris must be the deputy, because he hadn't been shooting me as much as Kim had. Just then Chris turned to Mike and said, "I think you forgot to deal out a deputy card this round." Mike was sure he had, but Chris showed him his card which was an outlaw and Kim said her card was an outlaw. But, when she showed Mike her card, it said "deputy" on it. She had no clue. She had never looked at it after we had dealt out the cards for the new round. So, here I was being shot to death by my own deputy! You probably had to be there to fully appreciate how funny it was, but she was very embarrassed and we had fun harassing her about being so blonde. Once she finally realized whose side she was on, we got together and disposed of Chris quickly.

No comments: