Saturday, December 15, 2007

Putting up the Christmas tree




I know there are die hard lovers of real Christmas trees out there, but I am not one of them. We have had a real tree a few times, but it isn't worth the cost to me. In fact the last one we cut ourselves a few years ago ended up dropping sap on my floor and infesting bugs in my dining room (maybe they were hibernating on the tree or something?). So, we use a fake tree. My parents gave us our first one when we got married, and we bought a bigger one when we moved into this house because the old one looked so small in our bay window. The kids love helping Alan put together the tree. They sort the branches and help put them on (actually, this year Ben was pulling them off) and of course fight over who gets to put the top on. I just get to capture the event on film, and then decorating it is my job. However, it looks like I am going to have to convince Benjamin that this is not his new fort before the ornaments get on!

1 comment:

LeaAnne said...

You know what I say...you can decorate your tree one time and NEVER have to decorate again..Just put it up in the attic! ;) I will have to pop over to see how very beautiful it is!