Sunday, December 2, 2007

A Thorup Thanksgiving


I was gathering pictures for my brother Mike's fiance Alisha to use at their wedding in December, when I came across this picture from Thanksgiving 1991. I belive it was the last Thanksgiving that my Grandpa Thorup was alive. I was already living in Provo, teaching junior high in Orem(my first year!), and my family came up to spend Thanksgiving with my Thorup grandparents and relatives. This picture was taken of all the grandkids who were there that day. It is in the living room of Uncle Dick and Aunt Evelyn's old house (they recently moved to Logan). The beautiful wreath in the background was made by my cousin Teria, I think. I know Todd wasn't there because he was on his mission, and Jenalee had already passed away, but I can't remember why Chris isn't in the picture. From left to right, the back row is me, Kari, Mark, Jeff, my cousin Kami, my cousin Carolyn. The next row has my cousin Jonny, Grandpa and Grandma Throup, and Kim. The front row has my cousin Ricky, my cousin Tyler and Mike. It was a fun time. It doesn't seem so long ago, but I guess it was...16 years - wow! Tyler, who is the youngest in the picture, is on a mission now and everyone in the back row (plus Kim) is married and has kids (except Mark and Shauna). Funny thing is, I don't feel that much older.

No comments: