Sunday, July 13, 2008

Trip To Missouri - Day 2 Two

We woke up bright and early on Friday morning (after four hours sleep the night before) and made it to the Twin Falls temple open house on time. It is a pretty temple. The kids were really excited to go inside of a temple.


We stopped to see the Snake River Gorge. While we were there we saw two people jump off the bridge - with parachutes. You can see the first guy standing on a platform on the bridge in the background.


This is the guy with his parachute. I wouldn't make that jump!
When we hit Utah, we decided to stop by and see Golden Spike monument, which is where the two railways met to make the first transcontinental railway.
Emily and Benjamin are touching the rails where the two railroads met.
Here is a replica of one of the original trains.

We found an arch there that we climbed up to and played around on.
As we drove thru Wyoming, we saw a ton of windmills.
Our last sightseeing of the day was at Fort Bridger in Wyoming.
The fort was closed for the night, but we went around and saw the buidings and read the signs. It was a good learning experience.
We stopped about 9:30 pm for .50 cent ice cream at Little America hotel in the middle of no where Wyoming. Then we drove while the kids watched a movie and rolled into bed late as usual in Rock Springs, Wyoming.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. We miss you. Watered plants yesterday but I don't have a house key, you used it once and I'm betting you never brought it back. You will need to send me one. Hope you continue to see great things along the way.

LeaAnne said...

Looks like a great day!
I can't wait to see the next installment! Sam is now SURE we need to visit you, because if you went to see trains we would get to as well! lol I hope your van is loving the road!
:) miss ya!

carizolli said...

I think it's great that you're taking time to stop at cool landmarks! Whenever my family went on road trips the only stops we made were at rest areas and gas stations!

That train was so cool! Maybe we'll have to stop and see that on our next trip to Utah too!

Margaret said...

Linda made a comment! Oh I hope someday I can get one too! I know she reads my blog so...just saying I would love it.

Anyway, the thing that struck me the most in your post is how trained your kids are to look at the camera!!! They are all looking...smiling.... They are perfect blog children.

We missed you today doing visits. We couldn't remember who was visited last without you.☺

SusieQ said...

Looks like you're making the most of your long travel days. That's awesome. Enjoying the journey!