Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween

Preparations:

A few days before Halloween we carved our pumpkins.
Leilani did her own pumpkin for the first time. Actually, she did Elisabeth's too. I just outlined the pattern on it for her.
Emily cleaned out her pumpkin...
but Aunt Kim did the actual carving. She quit, though, and says she will never do it again unless I buy appropriate carving tools!
They sure turned out cute. In case you can't tell, we had Sleeping Beauty, Snow White and Ariel.
I actually did not help carve pumpkins at all. I babysat the little kids in the other room and played with my camera.



Halloween Day:



Benjamin and I went to school to watch the costume parade.

Then we checked out the party in the 3rd grade.

The fifth graders were having mummy wrapping contests.



Trick Or Treat -


After school we went trick-or-treating at Toys-R-Us. They got glow necklaces and other treats. Geoffery the giraffe was there to meet people.
Grandpa took the kids trick-or treating with their cousins.
We had Sleeping Beauty...
Mulan...

Ariel...

and Mr. Incredible!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Too cute! And looks like lots of fun. We bought pumpkins this year, but didn't get around to carving them. Love the costumes.

LeaAnne said...

So cute!
AND>>>Russ is dressed up too!!

So fun I am sure the kids had a great LONG time with their grandpa that night ;)

Your pumpkins were great! we still have not done ours but I told the kids WE WOULD!! so..lol maybe we will start a new Thanksgiving tradition! lol

Margaret said...

Your pumpkins look great and I love the kids costumes!!!

Mark and Shauna said...

LOL- I LOVE Ben's pose for Mr. Incredible- priceless. The kids all look adorable in their costumes- how fun!

Kim said...

I agree, that is a darn cute picture of Ben. Your girls were pretty darn cute too! I almost bought you an electric pumkin carver today...it looks a lot like a turkey carver, but a lot smaller...I decided it was a little high tech for an old school pumpkin carver like myself, ha ha

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

Looks like everyone had a great time and had fun dressing up they all look GREAT!

SusieQ said...

Love the princess pumpkins!