Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fall Leaves

While Alan was home for Thanksgiving, I asked him to rake the leaves in the yard. After we got past the male argument that the leaves hadn't all fallen off the trees yet, so it made no sense to rake the leaves because it would just have to be done again, he went out and raked the leaves into nice piles. Benjamin helped rake the leaves for a while, but then decided they were more fun to play in.
So, I decided to do some fun pictures in the leaves.



I was trying to take a pictures of all the kids lying in the leaves, but Ben wasn't cooperating.

Instead, he got big armfuls of leaves and threw them on his sisters as they posed for my pictures.

But eventually I prevailed!

When I was done, the kids decided to have an all out war with the leaves. You can see Alan in the background just watching all his work being destroyed. But he was a good sport and let them have their fun. When they were finished, he got the leaves in the garbage, with very little help.

The kids were just making me laugh. I watched this video and decided they were having just as much fun with the leaves as they were with any of the toys they have. Boxes and leaves for Christmas?! Am I on to something?

6 comments:

SusieQ said...

Those are some great pictures. Hope you're planning on framing the one of all the kids laying in the leaves. It's perfect. Or maybe you're using it for a Christmas card this year.

Kim said...

I love the pictures of the kids lying down on the pile of leaves...the one of the girls especially is wall worthy. Poor Alan, he did all that work just to have it destroyed...oh well! I will say though, the shirt Ben is wearing is adorable, but really throws off the fall feel :)

carizolli said...

LOVE the pictures! They all turned out so great and really captured the fun day!

Kathy said...

What great fun! Isn't it amazing how as adults we see leaves as a big mess to clean up, and the kids see leaves as play material? ;-)

Mark and Shauna said...

Poor Alan- watching his work being destroyed! Those pictures are adorable though!

Alli said...

I love the overhead pictures -they turned out really great!