Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

We spent one of our snow days making gingerbread houses.
Kim and I actually made REAL gingerbread and cut out all our house pieces. (we learned that you should get the pieces off the cookie sheet pretty fast and not wait for them to cool) Kim was SHOCKED that I actually had molasses in my pantry.
The kids used graham crackers for their houses.
I think the kids ate more candy than they put on their houses.

The houses turned out really cute. Emily made hers like a present. (That is Ben's collapsed house in the foreground)
This is mine, but I didn't have anyone to take my picture with it ( I finished it after the kids went to bed)
Kim's was a work of art as usual.
Leilani built a traditional house. We had a lot of fun, but it was more work than we imagined.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

You guys are always doing something fun! Kim really is an artist, but yours looks good too. I like your girls' creativity. (Did Elizabeth make one?)

Margaret said...

How fun to have a sister to do projects with!!!

LeaAnne said...

Fun girls! I am so glad that you all take pictures so that we can see! I loved the houses~

carizolli said...

I thought about making a gingerbread house this year...but like many of my thoughts lately, it never actually happened!

Good work you guys!