Friday, December 26, 2008

Ward Christmas Party

We went to the ward Christmas party without Alan this year. It was a "best dress" party, so it was fun to dress nice (my kids wore washable clothes, however!).
We ate a yummy meal with the family and sang lots of Christmas songs. We also read the nativity story.
The only part of the party that my kids had a problem with was when Santa came. Santa was wearing a Victorian outfit this year, and I could not convince my younger kids that this was really Santa. I don't think my kids were the only ones with this problem, because usually when Santa walks in the room there is a lot of excitement and this time it was dead silent. Benjamin kept saying, "I don't know that guy. Who is that?" When I tried to tell him it was Santa, he would say, "those aren't Santa's clothes." (In fact, a few days later when we were driving down the street we saw a Santa on a corner trying to get people to come into a Christmas tree lot. Benjamin looked at him and yelled, "There's Santa! Why didn't he come to our Christmas party?!")
The kids did sit on Santa's lap, though, without any problem.
They enjoyed the candy canes and they were good sports about letting us take pictures. The activity commitee did a good job, and we had lots of fun that evening. I just hope that next year Santa can find his traditional suit for the kids :)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Yeah, the Victorian Santa was different. He was neat looking, but not so exciting for the kids. It was a _great_ ward party, though, I think.

Margaret said...

Cute pictures


I hope you guys had a merry christmas!!!!

LeaAnne said...

Seems to me (from all the pictures) that it was a really great ward party! I hope you guys had a really fun Christmas day! :)

carizolli said...

How did I miss the "best dress" part? Maybe because we were on vacation two Sundays before the party and only heard about it thru the grapevine...hmmm...we certainly weren't in our best dress. Woops!