Friday, February 21, 2014

Benjamin Turns 8

I can't believe that Benjamin turned 8 last month.  It seems like yesterday that he was turning 2.  They tell the truth when they say time goes by fast, so enjoy every minute of your kids' childhood.  I am trying to do that, but it still seems to zoom by.  It wasn't as hard for me as I thought it would be to have Benjamin turn 8.  I think Robert helped with that, because it isn't my baby turning 8 anymore.  I still have a ways to go before I reach that milestone now.  Before it seemed like my kids were almost all grown up.
 The kids had activities on Benjamin's birthday, but when everyone got home, Ben opened his presents.  He was pretty happy and wanted to open them all right then.
 However, we hadn't eaten yet, so we decided to go to Papa's pizza  - even though it was already 8pm.  We get birthday coupons each time it is someone's birthday, and we decided it would be less crowded to  go that night then to wait for the weekend.

 We all enjoyed the pizza treat.  Our tradition is that the birthday person gets to pick the flavor pizza.  Benjamin is a pepperoni only pizza guy, but none of the other kids complained!

 Robert thought the play area was so much fun!  It is great to have lots of siblings to play with you.
 The other kids thought the play area was pretty fun too.
 We celebrated with the rest of the family on Sunday.  Leilani made Benjamin's birthday cake.  She made a basketball (as he requested) with a hoop and backboard.
 He had lots of fun, and received nice gifts (the bullets in the picture were not his gifts, though).
Last year, Grandma Bevans started giving the kids the same amount of money as their age.  She gave them $1 bills last year.  This year, as you can see above, she is giving them gold dollar coins.  (I guess anyone else in the family reading this won't be surprised now - sorry!)
Uncle Jeff gave Benjamin one of his puzzle kits.  Ben is excited to put it together.  We are supposed to have a "friend" birthday party this year, because Benjamin has never had one, but it hasn't happened yet.  If it does, I am sure I will post pictures.  We have thrown some pretty spectacular birthday parties in our time!

No comments: