Sunday, February 2, 2014

Emily Plays Trumpet

I played the clarinet until I graduated from high school.  When Leilani started band in 6th grade, I was excited to have her play my clarinet.  Alan played trombone in the band, and he was hoping she would want to play the trombone.  Instead she chose the French horn, and she definitely can make that instrument play.  When Emily started band in 6th grade, I was excited to have her play my clarinet, and Alan hoped she would play the trombone.  She decided to play trumpet, and she is really enjoying it.  She is first chair this year in the 8th grade band.  She has had some solos and duets at her concerts, and she does a good job.  Here are some pictures from her most recent concert.

 
Elisabeth starts 6th grade next year, so Alan and I have hope that maybe she will choose to play one of the instruments that we played.  But maybe she too will have a mind of her own!

No comments: