Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Ice, Ice Baby

We woke up on Saturday morning to a frozen world. The snow had turned to freezing rain during the night, and coated everything in ice. Everything looked so beautiful, but many trees fell over (onto houses and roads) or lost limbs, and many people were without power for days (and will still be without it until next week). We were blessed to keep our power the whole time, and we only lost a few branches and no trees. I had to take pictures, though, because it was so pretty.
Our tree in the backyard.

Close up.
Our cars were frozen and covered in ice.
 

The tree branches were bending over so much lower than normal.
Everything just enclosed in ice.



Ben still went out and played in it.
 

 
 

So did Leilani.

Here she is throwing snow to show how hard the icy crust on it is.

I took a lot more pictures.  I put my favorites on my Flikr account.  You can see them here:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/96927049@N02/   If you are a member of my family account, you will have to scroll down through the photostream of ice skating pictures to find my ice pictures.  If you are not a member of my family account, they should be the first pictures that come up right now.

No comments: