Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Benjamin's Baptism

Benjamin was baptized on Feb 1, 2014.   He had been looking forward to that day for a long time.
 
We made it to the church early so that he and Alan could get jumpsuits and change.  We didn't figure out until the night before that Benjamin didn't have any plain white underwear (they all have characters on them).  We went shopping around town, and the best we could do was white with a light gray waistband, and even those were hard to find.  I guess plain white is not a popular choice right now.
After they were dressed, we had to take the traditional pictures that the girls took when they were baptized.  We like the pictures of Jesus around the church.
I loved how excited Benjamin was about everything.  It was a very special day for him!  He was VERY excited about his new scriptures and his new scripture bag.  He also had on his new tie tack - a sword and shield to remind him of the armor of God with a CTR to help him remember to choose the right. The baptism was different this time for me, because I didn't help anyone change and get dressed after they were baptized.  I just went in to wait with everyone else while everyone got dressed.
Benjamin had both sets of grandparents there, some aunts and uncles, and lots of cousins too.
 (Many of the kids are eating cupcakes and cookies because we had refreshments in the gym afterwards)
 Benjamin was baptized with two little girls in his primary class.  He and Lilly (the one on the left) were born a day apart, and were in the hospital together.
They have grown a lot since then!  :)
Here is Benjamin on Sunday with the family members who were in his confirmation circle.  He was glad that Uncle Chris and Uncle Kelly were there along with his grandpas, but he was not enjoying the pictures in the sun!
 After church I made the kids take some pictures together.  They are all pretty well trained by now, but they still goof around a bit!

As long as I get what I want, they can do what they want.
My dad was able to get a family picture of us after the baptism too.  I am sure that we will all look a lot different by the time Robert is baptized.  It will be fun to compare the two pictures.  It is weird to think that I could have married kids or even grandkids by then...I guess we will see what the future holds!

No comments: