Saturday, June 28, 2008

4th Grade Track

My mom keeps telling me that I need to update my blog. Easier said then done. I have a million things to do, and only one me to do them! I can't blog while Alan has the kids like I used to do.


Leilani had her first track meets this year. In 4th grade they get to compete in track and field events against other schools. The district track meet was canceled due to lack of planning, so our school held their own 4th grade track meet.



Mom, Dad, Grandma Bevans and Benjamin were there to cheer her on!
They eventually scheduled a track meet against Corridor 4th graders.
Leilani kept trying to do a forward roll over the high jump. It just wasn't working (kept knocking down the ribbon), so she was finished with that event quickly.
She excelled at the long jump. I imagine doing the gymnastics vault probably helps her jump like that.
She took first place by jumping the furthest.
This is her relay team. They didn't win anything, but they had fun.
Alan worked at the track meet, and Grandma Bevans, Mom, Elisabeth and Benjamin came to cheer her on.

Unfortunately, Benjamin was not on his best behavior. He kept wrestling Elisabeth to the ground...
and then he sat on her and wouldn't let her get up. She was mad that I wouldn't help her up, so she wouldn't look at the camera for the picture. He definitely holds his own with his sisters!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

I can see why your mom wants you to update your blog. That's a WAY cute picture of her. Leilani was the most stylish track kid there. ☺

Poor Elizabeth didn't know what hit her.

Mark and Shauna said...

Yeah! You posted... I know I am not the most avid poster so I have no room to talk, but I have been going through withdrawls not seeing a post by you almost every day:). Tell Leilani congratulations-- that is AWESOME!!

Kathy said...

Way to go, Leilani! Congrats on your first-place in the long jump. Looks like a fun day. How great that family can be there to support you.