Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Changes

It is unlike me to go so long without blogging, but I have discovered in the past few weeks that life can throw things at you quickly and without much warning. I guess that is why it is best to always be prepared for whatever may come. I need to work on that a bit.

After almost a year of unemployment, Alan got a great job offer. Hurray! Unfortunately it is in Missouri. Enough said. So, life has been a whirlwind of getting him packed to go and preparing for him to be gone. I don't know if he will end up back here or we will end up out there, but either way life has changed. He left this morning, and I am missing him already. He will be back 4th of July weekend to baptize Emily, and then we will go to Missouri for the summer. After that, who knows? Right now the plan is for Alan to be there and for us to be here during the school year. The company is giving us 12 months to move, so we have time make more permanent decisions. This would be an example of how you should be ready for anything. I am not ready to move mentally or physically. My house alone will take 12 months to get ready. I still haven't completely unpacked from our last move (almost 4 years ago)...but if you think that is bad, I just unpacked two boxes from our shed that I know haven't been emptied since we moved down here from Portland 9 years ago. (I threw most of it away, but I did find some things I'd been wondering where they'd gone) :( Needless to say I HATE moving - the packing, the unpacking, ect. I like sinking roots deep. And I imagine I am not going to like being a single parent much. Sigh... Maybe my girls will rise to the occasion and help out a bit more?!

Life threw a fun surprise my way recently too. (I don't consider Missouri fun, but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised!) I won the opportunity to take 5 annual passholders with me to Disneyland to try out the new Toy Story ride before it opened to the general public this week. I found out on June 1 that I won, and I had to be there on June 11. So, I pulled the kids out of school and we had a whirlwind trip to Disneyland with my mom and dad on the spur of the moment. Poor Alan had to stay home and pack, because he doesn't have an annual pass, but the rest of us had fun, and he will be going on a trip there with us in October. My Aunt and my mom made Emily's birthday a special day with cake and presents and special Disneyland treats, and we were able to visit my grandma in the hospital. I would highly recomment the new ride. It is a blast!

So, now it is back to my normal busy life - only without a husband. Maybe someday I will get this blog caught up, but I suspect I take too many pictures to ever completely catch up! :)

5 comments:

Margaret said...

That IS a LOT of change. I am hoping that Alan is sent back here. (Crossing my fingers) I will miss how you tease me and sneak in little compliments all the time!☺

Kathy said...

You've really got a lot going on right now. I hope things work for the best and know that you can do it--whatever "it" is! :-) I think being a single mom would be very hard. Let me know if I can be of help.

LeaAnne said...

I l♥ve ya..
We are all about helping you out with whatever you might need..
Who knows..
Maybe you will LOVE it there!

Jennifer Lyn Newell Standridge said...

WOW, that was a shocker. I had not heard a thing. I am glad you blog so I can keep up on your life. I will be sad to see you move so far away but there is much to see in that area of the land. Enjoy your new place, change can be scary but also very rewarding. Hope to see you before you move. Jennifer

SusieQ said...

I can't imagine a better prize for you to win than a trip to Disneyland. How fun!!