Wednesday, June 4, 2008

An Ariel Party

Elisabeth decided that she wanted to have an Ariel theme for her birthday party. So, I enlisted the help of my sister, Kim. She is very artistic, and she can usually produce whatever I ask her to.
So, despite being about 8 months pregnant, she got down on the floor and drew me a picture of Ariel that I could use for a "Pin the Flower in Ariel's Hair" game. She can just free hand draw about anything she can see a picture of. It is pretty amazing!

The girls had a lot of fun putting the flowers on the finished product.
My sister is also a great cake decorator. I showed her some pictures on the internet, and she produced a fine product.
Isn't it cute? The tail is all frosting. The barbie doll is actually stuck into the cake.

It was a fun party. The girls had quite the moves when they played "Freeze Dance," and they enjoyed coloring pictures of Ariel as well. I think five is a fun age.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks like fun! And I'm so impressed with Kim's drawing and cake-decorating ability (not to mention her ability to get on the floor at 8 months!).

LeaAnne said...

You are the coolest mom in the world... A great fun party was had by all. Kim really is an amazing artist! I like five too..But I am not ready for it yet;)

Margaret said...

What a fun party! Lauren LOVES Ariel!