Sunday, January 27, 2008

We're In the Midst of a Storm!



When Alan's alarm went off for church today, I told him the light outside had a funny glow - it was either really foggy or snowy. He looked and sure enough there was snow outside. Then it started to really snow. We kept waiting to see if church would be canceled (we are snow wimps here), but no phone call came. I'm not sure the people in meetings at the church realized that the weather had changed outside. Finally at 8:30 we heard word that they really didn't want to cancel it because it was a missionary farewell today (the bishop's son), so they would have sacrament and Aaron's talk for anyone who made it to church. Then they would send everyone home. So, Alan, my mom and my brother Chris took her 4 wheel drive to church so they could support Aaron, and the rest of us stayed home. I took these pictures of our yard. If you look close you can tell that it is still snowing pretty good. This is the biggest snow storm we have had in years. I can't wait to take pictures when it is over and see how much snow we get. My kids are anxious to get out and play in it, but I am making them wait. They are each preparing a lesson to give the family so we can have our own church when Alan gets home. I wonder if they will have school tomorrow

3 comments:

Mark and Shauna said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow for Eugene. Looks like fun. It's funny living here in Utah now you realize how wimpy it really is in Oregon. We've had that same snowstorm and more every weekend for the past 3 months and we haven't even had one school or church delay let alone cancel. In fact sometimes they call us in early to make sure we don't get caught in the snow :).
Mark

Margaret said...

We are enjoying the snow too today and I have high hopes that there will still be school tomorrow (crossing my fingers). ;-)

LeaAnne said...

We kept waiting for the call too! lol At 8 we finally just went and got ready! lol The old Mini made it to church! lol We were 15 min late..lol But that is nothing new! ;)