Sunday, April 20, 2008

April Showers of Snow?!

We looked out the window this morning and what did we see?
Snow covering the ground!
My poor daffodil didn't survive the weight of the snow on its head. By the time we got dressed and ready for church, most of the snow had melted away.
But I still had to record the historic event. We don't even usually get snow in the winter, let alone in spring.
Of course, it has been a cold, wet spring - except for our two days of summer.
My poor flowers are trying to bud and bloom, but the weather in conspiring against them. My trees have just started to blossom (notice the trees in the above pictures). I have faith, though, warm weather has to arrive soon - doesn't it?


2 comments:

Margaret said...

It was very odd for April.

I love how you infused church quotes and songs into your post. "Conspired against..." "I looked out the window..." Your mom raised you well.

Alli said...

Yes, that was very weird, wasn't it? We got it here too, a snow/hail mixture off and on Saturday mostly.