Monday, April 28, 2008

A Surprise Trip To Wildlife Safari

Mike and Alicia came to visit this past week. They decided to go to Wildlife Safari on Tuesday (apparently Tuesday is Bi-mart two for one day at Wildlife Safari) and invited Elisabeth to go with them. I normally do not let my siblings take my children places without me (probably comes from being the oldest and still seeing them as little kids?), but for some reason I decided to let her go. I even surprised my mom on that one, she was sure I wouldn't let them go (based on past experience, I'm sure!) Since it was two for one day, someone got really brave and suggested I let Emilyanne go too. I knew she would love it, so I called school and told them her dad was coming to pick her up. She was very surprised and VERY excited to go.
Having threatened Mike and Alicia sufficiently about any harm happening to my precious children, I let them leave for their little adventure. (Mind you, I wouldn't even let Mike take them to the movies last time he was here...so this was all new) They had a lot of fun and saw tons of animals.
Turkeys...
Zebras...
Elk, Buffalo (Bison) and Yaks...
I haven't been to Wildlife Safari since Leilani was about two, so some of these animals are new to me. I can't believe that it is an hour and 1/2 away and we never take our kids there.
Emily was very excited to see this porcipine. She didn't know they were that big or that they could climb trees.
Mike the little sheep.
Alicia (giraffe), Elisabeth and Emily in the jungle.
They let you drive through twice. So they saw rhinos...
more Elk....
They went through the petting zoo, animal cages, museum and gift shop. Generous Uncle Mike and Aunt Alicia bought a necklace for each of the girls and brought one home for Leilani too!
They saw Bears...
a Mountain Goat and many other animals.

It was a fun day. The girls couldn't stop talking about it for the next few days, and they loved being with Mike and Alicia all by themselves.



6 comments:

LeaAnne said...

YAHOOOOOOooooo!!
Wowsa Lisa, I am really proud of you! I am so sure that the girls had a really great time! We LOVE to go there! how great about that Bi-mart thing! We will have to look into that the next time we pop down to the Safari! :)

carizolli said...

They win the best aunt & uncle award! How fun! And GREAT pictures too!

So, what did mommy do on her partial day off - just one child, oh my! I bet you didn't know what to do with yourself!

Kelli W. said...

What a fun trip! I haven't been there since I was a kid. I'll have to plan that for a summer trip. I completely understand how hard it is to let your "babies" go with someone else. I still get butterflies even when there own Dad takes them on a trip without me! I pray so hard for their safety! But then I also LOVE the time alone!!! I haven't had much computer time lately so I've enjoyed catching up on your life!

SusieQ said...

When we lived in Roseburg, we would go to Wildlife Safari often, and we never had bears come that close to the car! They got quite the close look.

Alli said...

That looks so fun - I have to take the kids there soon. Summer is only about a month and a half away!

Margaret said...

For a minute there I thought the bear picture went with the petting zoo comment. Now I'm laughing.