Friday, April 25, 2008

Soccer Season Begins

As gymnastic season ends, spring soccer begins.
Leilani is not a soccer star, but she has her moments and she LOVES the sport.
Her father and grandparents would like her to be a little more aggressive in her play.
She reminds me a lot of my soccer days, except I'm sure she must be better than I was. I would never have had the courage to play goalie.
I would have been too worried about my face. :)
Actually, I worry about her face too. Getting a soccer ball to the face hurts! So far it hasn't left any marks, though.

It was soooooo cold at Leilani's first soccer game on Saturday.
The kids found an extra soccer ball to kick around (Benjamin is actually pretty good at dribbling), so they stayed warm by running around and then wrapping up in a blanket.

The rest of us were just cold. I'm kind of glad that Emily decided not to play this season. One less game to freeze through. It sure would be nice if spring would come before summer hits.
I took some video clips with my mom's camera. They aren't great, but they aren't long either.


The poor child has so many people yelling at her. Great expectations I guess.

1 comment: