Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fabulous Family Fun Day

I am going to miss all the family friendly activities in this city if we ever have to move. We started off our sunny Saturday morning at Home Depot. This month the kids made cute wooden holders with wooden flowers to go inside. A very cute Mother's Day gift! I didn't get pictures though, because I didn't go. It is a daddy/ kids/grandpa activity at our house.
Grandma and I did meet up with them at Barnes and Noble for storytime. They read several rabbit books.
Then they had a visit from Peter Rabbit himself!
Alan and Grandpa took the kids downtown to a garden shop after storytime. They were having a special Mother's Day activity for the kids.
Each kid got to plant a free bowl of flowers for Mother's Day.
Grandma is hoping one of the kids will give her one instead of me :-)
It looks like they had a lot of fun. I was running errands with my mom, so it was another daddy/kids/grandpa activity.
Apparently Benjamin had more fun playing in the dirt and the puddles than he did planting the flowers. Not a big surprise!
I love this picture my dad took. He has obviously discovered his reflection in the puddle.

5 comments:

SusieQ said...

What a fun day for the kids!

LeaAnne said...

It was a great Saturday~ I am glad you got good pictures! I LOVE that picture of Benjamin! Thanks again for the tip~off on all the fun!

Kelli W. said...

What fun! Does Benjamin not take a nap anymore? And aren't you glad you have a photographer as a Dad? :) Great shots!
I sent my camera with my Dad to Amber's wedding reception since I couldn't go (boy's melted!) and he came home with several shots...only his finger was in front of EVERY SHOT! I got nothing.

Lisa said...

Yes, Benjamin still takes a nap - most days. Sometimes it is just a little late in the afternoon! My kids are never on a strict schedule, because my life is always too hectic for that. They learn to sleep when and where they can when they are babies, which makes it easier later on.

carizolli said...

I so badly wanted to go to story time yesterday...and Home Depot too! BUT, Jason was feeling a little under the weather so it was hard to motivate him to do anything! :( Maybe next month!