Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mother's Day 2008


I am slowly getting caught up with the events that have been going on recently. I had a very nice Mother's Day.
First the kids gave me the pots that they had planted with Dad and Grandpa the week before.
Emilyanne made me a lovely pressed flower bookmark.
Ben is showing off the wooden flowers they made at Home Depot.
Leilani made me a purse shaped card with a poem in it and a bunch of origami flowers.


Elisabeth made some tissue flowers at preschool and put them in a cup/vase that she decorated.

The flowers in our yard are finally starting to bloom, so I made the kids take pictures around the yard with the beautiful flowers.



My family was awfully good sports. The first set of pictures we took were blurry, because my mom's camera we borrowed was on manual focus instead of auto focus, so I made my family get all dressed up again and retake all the pictures. They did it for me, with only a tiny bit of complaining!
My husband gave me some dark chocolate, and I was sure to have one of the kids take a picture of us so I will have more pictures of us to use in the future. :)
Emilyanne changed into her "I Love Mom" shirt and her"Kiss, Kiss" sweats to show her love for Mom.

After a nice dinner at my Mom's house, provided by the men, the men took the kids outside and watched them while they played a game.
The kids bounced on the trampoline...

and played beauty parlor with fingernail polish.

Meanwhile, the women had some alone time to watch a movie without kids (27 Dresses).
After the movie, the kids came inside because it was getting dark and cold outside. (The men stayed out to finish thier game) Benjamin and Hailey played dolls and cars.
The other girls played dress up.
Grandma had a happy Mother's Day too, with her grandkids, kids, flowers, macadamia nuts and candy. It was a very nice day!

4 comments:

SusieQ said...

Three things:

I Love the pictures of your children outside in front of the flowers.

How fun for your children to have so many cousins close by to play with and be great friends.

How was the movie?

Lisa said...

Aside from some objectional language, it was a pretty cute movie.

Kathy said...

Beautiful family and lots of fun!

LeaAnne said...

Really great pictures! I totally understand that redo with pictures..lol I think we "Stage" a lot of our pictures..lol Looks like such a great day! It was fun to be in nursery together that day too! ;)
Lisa I think you are the best!