Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Baby is Three

Benjamin celebrated his 3rd birthday this weekend.
Because we had so many things to do, we spread it out over two days. We let him have one present on Saturday morning (his actual birthday), and he was VERY excited! This is the robot of his dreams - it walks, it talks, it shoots, it spins - but apparently he thought it was a transformer and it is not...
He watched me make his birthday cake and enjoyed licking the beaters (yes, I know the dangers, but we live dangerously at our house)

That night we went and watched Emily perform at the Japan Night at the Uof O. Benjamin wasn't happy to eat Japanese food for his birthday dinner, but we had the dinner of his dreams on Sunday.
He did get to ride in his favorite car cart while we grocery shopped for his birthday meal.
He requested car hotdogs, so with a little help from his sisters and cousin, we put some together.

Toothpicks and olives made great wheels!
They also made cars out of celery, peanut butter and raisins.
Benjamin really enjoyed his meal - car hotdogs, doritos, green salad with ranch and kool-aid - just what the boy requested!
Aunt Kim is a cake artist. I made her two 9 X 13 cakes and she sculpted a Lightning McQueen cake from them. It was very cute. I don't know what I would do without her!
Benjamin was very happy to open his presents finally, and had to fight his cousins to play with them.
He blew out the candles and everyone ate cake and ice cream. I can't believe my baby boy is three years old. He informed me that he is not a little boy anymore - he is a big boy. He doesn't need to sleep on a towel anymore, because he does not wet the bed (okay, I'm paranoid), he does not need a pillow at the edge of the bed, because he will not fall off of my bed and he does not need me to put my arm around him when I lay next to him. I guess he put me in my place, didn't he?! He is quite the little man.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Um...I'm pretty sure you JUST had him. How is he three already?!

LeaAnne said...

:)
3 years.. that IS a crazy idea..We did just have them!
I am glad we had Babies together..Like I have always said that was the funnest time having any of the kids!
I LOVE you Lisa!

I would have been So very SAD if you really would have moved! I ma grateful that we all get to stay and play a little longer! ;)

Kathy said...

Before you know it, he'll be DRIVING a car instead of eating one. He's such a little man!

Kim said...

I do good work huh? ha ha. I think Ben's Bithday was a huge success, he looked like he was having a blast. Love the first photo of Ben, he looks very happy. I sure wish I had more time to decorate that cake...it really could have been fabulous if I do say so myself! Oh, I think you won best gift this year...he didn't take that Bob the builder belt off :)